There are six official races that make up the Transgrancanaria HG 2022. The 126km Classic, the 62km Advanced, a 43km marathon, the 26km starter, and two shorter events including the KV El Gigante (vertical kilometre).
The Transgrancanaria HG Classic, was won by Pablo Villa (ESP) and Ragna Debats and were crowned champions in their respective disciplines. Pau Capell, who returned to the island after last year’s injury, could not win his fifth race, but he added a second place to his list of achievements.
The 62k Advanced category was won by the British ultrarunner Tom Evans and Ariane Wilhem (SUI), while the Marathon went to Sebastian Ljungdahl (SWE) and Sara Alonso (ESP), who lives in Gran Canaria. The Italian Alberto Vender and the French Mélina Grosjean added their names to the Starter’s list of winners.
Besides the individual victories in the Classic and Marathon categories, it should be noted that both races count towards the Spartan Trail World Championship, in the Trail Ultra and Trail Run categories. Transgrancanaria HG is the brand-new first race of the nine races in the calendar, with competitions all over the world during the next months.
- Pablo Villa (ESP). 13:37:30
- Pau Capell (ESP). 13:58:47
- Pere Aurell (ESP). 14:12:02
- Ragna Debats (HOL). 16:00:14
- Abby Hall (USA). 16:21:29
- Claudia Tremps (ESP). 16:45:35
- Tom Evans (GRB). 05:10:39
- Aritz Egea (ESP). 05:20:25
- Matthieu Delpeuch (FRA). 05:31:44
- Ariana Wilhem (SUI). 06:06:16
- Johanna Antila (FIN). 06:10:29
- Leah Yingling (USA). 06:35:49